January 26, 2022 | 5:30 – 9:00 PM | Minneapolis Marriott West
Each year the Minnesota Construction Association (MCA) recognizes construction projects and members that make substantial contributions to the community and the Association. Join MCA for an exciting night of networking, catching up with fellow construction professionals, delicious dinner, and award ceremony at the annual MCA Awards of Excellence Gala!
|Early Bird (Ends January 19)||Regular (January 20 until sold out)|
|Member – $90||Member – $110|
|Nonmember – $100||Nonmember – $120|
|Table for Four (4) – $360||Table for Four (4) – $440|
|Table for Eight (8) – $720||Table for Eight (8) – $880|
The registration Deadline is January 19, 2022. Please complete the registration form below in advance; onsite registration will not be available. Registrations may be accepted after January 19, 2022 on a space-available basis at the increased rates.
Location: Minneapolis Marriott West, 9960 Wayzata Boulevard, Minneapolis, MN 55426
You can help make the Annual Awards of Excellence Gala a night to remember by becoming a sponsor!
Tax-Deductible* Sponsorship Opportunities:
- Event Sponsor – $750
- Drink Ticket Sponsor (2 sold, 1 available) – $625
- Dinner Sponsor – $550
- Toothpick Sponsor (1 sold, 3 available) – $350
- Dessert Sponsor – $250
The benefits of becoming a 2022 Awards Gala Sponsor include:
- Your company name will be displayed on printed signs, in the printed program and announced during the presentation at the Awards Gala.
- Recognition in MCA’s Construction Views Newsletter and inclusion in pre-and post- Awards Gala promotions.
- Recognition on the MCA Awards of Excellence event page
- Sponsors will receive the following based on sponsorship level:
- Event Sponsor: One full-page ad in Construction Views Newsletter (value $300)
- Drink Ticket Sponsor: Company logo on drink tickets
- Dinner Sponsor: One half-page ad in Construction Views Newsletter (value $150)
- Toothpick Sponsor: Company logo on toothpicks in the appetizers, each sponsor will have their logo on the toothpicks placed in 75 appetizers
- Dessert Sponsor: One 2/9-page ad in Construction Views Newsletter (value $100)
To become a sponsor, please complete the Awards Sponsorship Form below by January 7, 2022.
*The Minnesota Construction Association is a 501(c)6 nonprofit and donations may be a tax-deductible business expense. Consult a tax advisor for final determination.
Project Excellence Awards
Nominations will be accepted from MCA Members in good standing during 2020 and 2021. Contractors and Subcontractors/Specialty Contractors are invited to nominate a project completed between 2019 and 2021. The project must be substantially completed when nominated.
Early bird entry fee is $250 if paid on or before November 15, 2021. Entry fee is $350 if paid November 16 – December 9, 2021.
All entries must be fully submitted and paid by December 9, 2021 to be judged. Nominations can be submitted for a project in each of the following categories:
- New Project Total Value Under $15 Million. Excludes design fees, development costs and land.
- New Project Total Value Over $15 Million. Excludes design fees, development costs and land.
- Renovation, Expansion or Tenant Improvement Project. Includes any modifications to an existing structure or building.
- Publicly Funded Construction Project. Includes public schools, local, state and federally funded projects.
- Research, Innovation or Use of Technology. Construction “means and methods”, processes or studies that advance or improve the construction industry.
- Subcontractor/Specialty Contractor Project. Includes subcontractor or specialty work of any size or cost.
All nominations must be submitted online.
|NOMINATE YOUR PROJECT|
MCA Choice Award
The MCA Awards of Excellence Committee is searching for the best and most challenging projects in the Midwest to consider for the MCA Choice Award. This award is unique as it is not a nominated award or a people’s choice award. A panel of MCA members seek out challenging projects completed by MCA member companies and select the project they feel is the most deserving.
The award is presented to a project with the following qualifications:
- Spearheaded by strong leadership
- Showcases a truly professional team effort
- Unique or visionary in design, stands out aesthetically
- Evokes positive ideals through community service or historical preservation
- Achieved through an innovative blending of progressive business and financial methods
- Resourceful blending or construction techniques and professionals
- Utilized public and private involvement and cooperation
- Completed safely with minimal injuries
- Involved creative use of materials
Previous MCA Choice Award winners include RJM Constructions’ HERO Center, McGough Construction’s Bell Museum, RJM Construction’s Treasure Island Center, Ryan Companies’ Downtown East Mixed Use Development and Knutson Construction’s Target Field Station to name a few.
The panel is currently considering candidate projects for the MCA Choice Award for the 2022 Awards of Excellence. To nominate a project, email firstname.lastname@example.org by October 15, 2021 with the following information:
- Project name and location
- The Developer, Builder, and/or Owner
- Your Contact Information (including phone and email)
|NOMINTATE YOUR PROJECT|
Member of the Year
Please consider nominating a fellow MCA member for the Member of the Year award! We are looking for a member candidate who meets the following criteria:
- Is active in MCA
- Demonstrates a commitment to MCA and its growth
- Has contributed to the success of ongoing or recently completed construction projects
Nominations must include a brief statement explaining why you believe this member deserves special recognition. Complete the nomination form below by December 6, 2021.
Individual Excellence Awards
General Contractor, Subcontractor, Construction Service Provider and Design Professional of the Year will be decided by the members via electronic vote. Watch your email for more information!
Thank You 2022 Sponsors!
See You at Awards of Excellence Gala in . . .
Click here to view 2021 winners.