January 25, 2023 | 5:30 – 9:00 PM | Minneapolis Marriott West
Each year the Minnesota Construction Association (MCA) recognizes construction projects and members that make substantial contributions to the community. Join MCA for an exciting night of networking, catching up with fellow construction professionals and award ceremony at the annual MCA Awards of Excellence Gala! Registration is sold out. Sponsorships are still available!
Registration is sold out.
|Early Bird (Ends January 16)||Regular (January 17 until sold out)|
|Member – $90||Member – $110|
|Nonmember – $100||Nonmember – $120|
|Table for Four (4) – $360||Table for Four (4) – $440|
|Table for Eight (8) – $720||Table for Eight (8) – $880|
Please register by January 16, 2023. Registrations may be accepted after January 16 on a space-available basis at the increased rates.
Location: Minneapolis Marriott West, 9960 Wayzata Boulevard, Minneapolis, MN 55426
You can help make the Annual Awards of Excellence Gala a night to remember by becoming a sponsor!
- Event Sponsor – SOLD OUT!
- Drink Ticket Sponsor – SOLD OUT!
- Dinner Sponsor – $550
- Toothpick Sponsor (2 sold, 2 available) – $350
- Dessert Sponsor – SOLD OUT!
- Event Sponsor: Includes a table for 8 and 1 full-page ad in Construction Views (value $300)
- Drink Ticket Sponsor: Company logo on drink tickets
- Dinner Sponsor: One half-page ad in Construction Views (value $150)
- Toothpick Sponsor: Company logo on toothpicks in the 75 appetizers
- Dessert Sponsor: One 2/9-page ad in Construction Views (value $100)
- All Sponsorships:
- Verbal recognition at Awards Gala
- Company name on signage and in printed program
- Recognition in Construction Views Newsletter and event promotions
- Recognition on the event webpage
The deadline to reserve a sponsorship is January 6, 2023.
Project Excellence Awards
Nominations will be accepted from MCA members in good standing. Contractors and Subcontractors/Specialty Contractors are invited to nominate a project completed between 2020 and 2022. The project must be substantially completed when nominated.
- Early Bird Entry ($250): September 19 – November 18, 2022
- Regular Entry ($350): November 19 – December 8, 2022
All entries must be submitted and paid by December 8, 2022. Project categories:
- New Project Total Value Under $15 Million. Excludes design fees, development costs and land.
- New Project Total Value Over $15 Million. Excludes design fees, development costs and land.
- Renovation, Expansion, or Tenant Improvement Project. Includes any modifications to an existing structure or building.
- Publicly Funded Construction Project. Includes public schools, local, state and federally funded projects.
- Research, Innovation or Use of Technology. Construction “means and methods”, processes or studies that advance or improve the construction industry.
- Subcontractor/Specialty Contractor Project. Includes subcontractor or specialty work of any size or cost.
All nominations must be submitted online.
- Visit mca.awardsplatform.com.
- Login or register an account.
- Click Start Entry.
- Complete the nomination form and payment.
MCA Choice Award
The MCA Awards of Excellence Committee is searching for the best and most challenging projects to consider for the MCA Choice Award. This award is unique as it is not a nominated award or a people’s choice award. A panel of MCA members seeks out challenging projects completed by member companies and selects the project they feel is the most deserving.
- Spearheaded by strong leadership
- Showcases a truly professional team effort
- Unique or visionary in design, stands out aesthetically
- Evokes positive ideals through community service or historical preservation
- Achieved through an innovative blending of progressive business and financial methods
- Resourceful blending or construction techniques and professionals
- Utilized public and private involvement and cooperation
- Completed safely with minimal injuries
- Involved creative use of materials
Previous MCA Choice Award winners include Loeffler Construction & Consulting’s Mino-Bimaadiziwin Apartment, RJM Construction’s HERO Center, McGough Construction’s Bell Museum, RJM Construction’s Treasure Island Center, Ryan Companies’ Downtown East Mixed Use Development and Knutson Construction’s Target Field Station to name a few.
The panel is currently considering candidate projects for the MCA Choice Award for the 2023 Awards of Excellence. To recommend a project that qualifies for the MCA Choice Award, email firstname.lastname@example.org by October 14, 2022 and include:
- Project name and location
- Developer, builder, and/or owner
- Your contact information (including phone and email)
Member of the Year
Nominate a fellow MCA member for the Member of the Year award! We are looking for nominees who:
- Is active in MCA
- Demonstrates a commitment to MCA and its growth
- Has contributed to the success of ongoing or recently completed construction projects
Complete the nomination form below by December 5, 2022.
Individual Excellence Awards
General Contractor, Subcontractor, Construction Service Provider and Design Professional of the Year will be decided by the members via electronic vote. Watch your email for more information!
Thank You Sponsors!
See You at Awards of Excellence Gala in . . .