January 29, 2020 | 5:30 – 9:00 PM | Minneapolis Marriott West
Each year the Minnesota Construction Association (MCA) recognizes construction projects and members that make substantial contributions to the community and the Association. Join MCA members for an exciting night of networking, catching up with fellow construction professionals, delicious dinner, and award ceremony at the annual MCA Awards of Excellence Gala!
Registration Deadline is Friday, January 17, 2020.
Please note: All attendees must register in advance; onsite registration will not be available for this event.
Early Bird Rates(Expires January 17, 2020)
Regular Rates*(Runs January 18, 2020 - Until sold out)
Registration has closed.
You can help make the Annual Awards Gala a night to remember by becoming a sponsor!
Sponsorship opportunities include:
- Event Sponsor – $750
- Drink Ticket Sponsor- $625 Only Two Left!
- Dinner Sponsor – $550
- Reception Sponsor – $350
- Dessert Sponsor – $250
To become a sponsor, please complete the Awards Sponsorship Form and return it by January 10, 2020.
MCA Thanks our Sponsors!
Drink Ticket Sponsor
CAT Centerpieces Sponsor
MCA Project Excellence Awards
Nominations will be accepted from MCA Members in good standing during 2019 and 2020. Contractors and Subcontractors/Specialty Contractors are invited to nominate a project completed between 2017 and 2019. The project must be substantially completed when nominated.
Early bird entry fee is $250 if submitted on or before November 15, 2019. Entry fee is $350 if submitted November 16 – December 9, 2019.
All entries must be fully submitted and paid by December 9, 2019 to be judged.
Nominations can be submitted for a project in each of the following categories:
- New Project Total Value Under $15 Million. Excludes design fees, development costs and land.
- New Project Total Value Over $15 Million. Excludes design fees, development costs and land.
- Renovation, Expansion or Tenant Improvement Project. Includes any modifications to an existing structure or building.
- Government Construction Project. Includes public schools, local, state and federally funded projects.
- Green/Sustainable Project. Conditions to be considered will include sites issues, water efficiency, energy reduction & effects on the atmosphere, materials & resources use, reuse of onsite materials & reduction including building reuse, indoor environment efficient use of utilities and green building cost benefit to the owner.
- Research, Innovation or Use of Technology. Construction “means and methods”, processes or studies that advance or improve the construction industry.
- Subcontractor/Specialty Contractor Project. Includes subcontractor or specialty work of any size or cost.
All nominations must be submitted online.
Nominations are closed.
MCA Choice Award
The MCA Awards of Excellence committee is always searching for the best and most challenging projects in the Midwest to consider for the MCA Choice Award. The MCA Choice Award is unique as it is not a nominated award or a people’s choice award. A panel of MCA members seek out challenging projects completed by MCA member companies and select the project they feel is the most deserving.
The award is presented to a project that was constructed through:
- Resourceful blending or construction techniques and professionals.
- Evokes positive ideals through community service or historical preservation
- Showcases a truly professional team effort
- Spearheaded by strong leadership
- Unique or visionary in design, stands out aesthetically
- Achieved through an innovative blending of progressive business and financial methods
- Involved creative use of materials
- Utilized public and private involvement and cooperation
- Completed safely
Previous MCA Choice Award winners include RJM’s Treasure Island Center, Ryan Companies’ Downtown East Mixed Use Development, Knutson Construction’s Target Field Station and Kraus-Anderson Construction Company’s Duluth Airport Authority’s New Passenger Terminal to name a few.
The panel is currently considering candidate projects for the MCA Choice Award to be announced at the 2019 Awards of Excellence. If you are aware of a project that might qualify for the MCA Choice Award (even if you have not been involved in the project), please email firstname.lastname@example.org by October 18, 2019 with the following information:
- Project name and location
- The Developer, Builder, and/or Owner
- Your Contact Information (including phone and email)
Nominations are closed.
MCA Member of the Year
Please consider nominating a fellow MCA member for the Member of the Year award! We are looking for a member candidate who meets the following criteria:
- Demonstrates a commitment to MCA and its growth
- Is active in MCA
- Has contributed to the success of ongoing or recently completed construction projects
Nominations must include a brief statement explaining why you believe this member deserves special recognition. Nominations are due December 2, 2019.
Nominations are closed.
MCA Individual Excellence Awards
General Contractor, Subcontractor, Construction Service Provider and Design Professional of the Year will be decided by the members via electronic vote. Watch your email for more information!
Click here to view 2019’s winners.
2020 MCA Awards of Excellence commences in....