Wednesday, January 27, 2021 | 3:00 – 4:00 PM | Virtual
The Awards of Excellence Gala is going virtual! With our members’ health and safety top of mind and the new restrictions due to COVID-19, we have decided to turn our annual awards gala into an exciting virtual event.
Each year the Minnesota Construction Association (MCA) honors companies and construction professionals who make substantial contributions to the community and the Association. The annual MCA Awards of Excellence is the industry’s premier event dedicated to recognizing accomplishments on construction projects. Join MCA and catch up with industry friends, network, and celebrate our award winners!
As a sponsor you can help make our prestigious 2021 Awards of Excellence a memorable event for our industry! We’ve revamped our sponsorship opportunities to give your company the most bang for your buck!
Event Sponsor – $750
- 60-word company description read during the virtual event
- One full-page ad in Construction Views Newsletter (value $300)
- Recognition in MCA’s Construction Views Newsletter and inclusion in pre- and post-Awards Gala promotions
- Premier Company Logo placement on all digital marketing materials, website, confirmation emails and in title slides displayed during virtual events
Supporting Sponsor – $250
- One 2/9-page ad in Construction Views Newsletter (value $100)
- Recognition in MCA’s Construction Views Newsletter and inclusion in pre- and post- Awards Gala promotions
- Company Logo placement on all digital marketing materials, website and in slides displayed during virtual events
|BECOME A SPONSOR|
Project Excellence Awards
Nominations will be accepted from MCA Members in good standing during 2020 and 2021. Contractors and Subcontractors/Specialty Contractors are invited to nominate a project completed between 2018 and 2020. The project must be substantially completed when nominated.
Early bird entry fee is $250 if paid on or before November 13, 2020. Entry fee is $350 if paid November 14 – December 4, 2020.
All entries must be fully submitted and paid by December 4, 2020 to be judged. Nominations can be submitted for a project in each of the following categories:
- New Project Total Value Under $15 Million. Excludes design fees, development costs and land.
- New Project Total Value Over $15 Million. Excludes design fees, development costs and land.
- Renovation, Expansion or Tenant Improvement Project. Includes any modifications to an existing structure or building.
- Government Construction Project. Includes public schools, local, state and federally funded projects.
- Research, Innovation or Use of Technology. Construction “means and methods”, processes or studies that advance or improve the construction industry.
- Subcontractor/Specialty Contractor Project. Includes subcontractor or specialty work of any size or cost.
The nominations deadline has passed.
Member of the Year
Please consider nominating a fellow MCA member for the Member of the Year award! We are looking for a member candidate who meets the following criteria:
- Demonstrates a commitment to MCA and its growth
- Is active in MCA
- Has contributed to the success of ongoing or recently completed construction projects
Nominations must include a brief statement explaining why you believe this member deserves special recognition.
The nominations deadline has passed.
MCA Choice Award
The MCA Awards of Excellence committee is always searching for the best and most challenging projects in the Midwest to consider for the MCA Choice Award. This award is unique as it is not a nominated award or a people’s choice award. A panel of MCA members select projects completed by member companies they feel is most deserving.
The award is presented to a project that was constructed through:
- Resourceful blending or construction techniques and professionals.
- Evokes positive ideals through community service or historical preservation
- Showcases a truly professional team effort
- Spearheaded by strong leadership
- Unique or visionary in design, stands out aesthetically
- Achieved through an innovative blending of progressive business and financial methods
- Involved creative use of materials
- Utilized public and private involvement and cooperation
- Completed safely with minimal injuries
Previous MCA Choice Award winners include McGough Construction’s Bell Museum, RJM Construction’s Treasure Island Center, Ryan Companies’ Downtown East Mixed Use Development and Knutson Construction’s Target Field Station to name a few.
The nomination deadline has passed.
Individual Excellence Awards
General Contractor, Subcontractor, Construction Service Provider and Design Professional of the Year will be decided by the members via electronic vote. Watch your email for more information!
Thank You 2021 Sponsors!
2021 MCA Awards of Excellence
Click here to view 2020 winners.